Pages

Thursday 17 April 2014

Thank You

We have been learning to write letters. This is my letter of thanks to two ladies who opened the Panmure Fencible cottage for us to explore and develop further understanding about the Fencibles of Panmure.


Room 8
St Patrick’s School
5 Church Crescent
Panmure
Auckland 1072
Dear Angela and Josephine,


I would like to say thank you very much for letting us go into the old “cottage”. First of all, thank you Angela for telling me information about the old things in the front room and in the bedroom. And thank you Josephine for showing me how the vacuum cleaner worked.  It was fascinating.


It was my first time in the cottage, I found it really interesting. The visit made me aware of how the Fencibles felt when they lived in the cottage. I would find the house very different to the one I live in today, perhaps it may not even be as comfortable.  


The cottage had some good things, but their were also some bad things. For example the lack of a bathroom specifically a flushing indoor toilet! This is something that I can only imagine.  I have always thought that using a ‘pottie’ was something only toddlers or small children used while they were being toilet trained.


It was interesting that  the outside appearance of the cottage made me think that not many things could fit inside it, however I was amazed when I stepped into the cottage, just how much room there was inside.


Thank you,
From Kryzjon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.