Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

An Honorable Alter Server

My recount of the weekends


On Sunday, I always..... do the usual thing, for example go to church. When I went to church I forgot that it was going to be a special celebration, because it was a time for the church’s birthday “That’s right! It was Pentecost!”.

Pentecost is when all of the Catholics and Christians come together to celebrate with the church. This is an interesting fact, do you know why they say that there is a birthday for the church? It’s because a very long time ago, some Saints,Catholics and Christians built the house of God.

When my uncle picks me up every Sunday, we always  go to the bakery so we could buy freshly baked bread for the priest. When my uncle and I arrived at the St Patrick’s Parish, I walked to father’s house and gave the bread to brother Henry, then I walked to the church.

“Uncle, what is the colour for today? Oh! Never mind”. As I was changing into the Albe, I realised that Tevita, Jay and his cousins haven’t shown up. When the other servers didn’t come, I started having goosebumps because I do NOT want to serve by myself again.

Thirty minutes later Jay and his cousins arrived “Man what happened? Were you guys stuck in traffic?” I said with relief. “No”, they answered back. “Hurry boys, stop talking you are not girls” said Father Michael. When church finally finished, I was happy because sometimes when I am an altar server I get really shy and nervous.

At the end of church I always have a feeling that I have worked hard to serve the Lord and help the priest.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your story Kryzjon. Keep up the good work and you could become a famous author.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.